Tuesday, February 7, 2012

No Mans land of February

So it is February...
Eh

Usually by this time in the winter everyone hates the cold, is tired of the snow and is about as pale as a ghost.  The same is mostly true for this winter except the snow mountains.. or any snow for that matter.  If nature is reading this it could definitely send us some and make me happy!
Back to the point.
It is the middle of winter with no snow and nothing too exciting is happening.  The little hope we have is spring break lingering in the almost reachable distance.  At this point it is one of those "so close but so far away" things.   My eye is on San Diego and the Super seal Triathlon.  As for now I get to look forward to class and tests. 

Training is going well. I actually don't have much else to say so am filling space ;) This is the boring crap. Cycling is strong right now with finally breaking my bike test PR.  It has taken a long time to do it so I am relieved to finally see progress.  After a little IT band flare up a few weeks ago things are back to normal.  Coach decided to dial back running a little to be on the cautious side and keep healthy.  At the moment I am in a swim stroke funk but that will hopefully get worked out soon.  The 4th sport of lifting is going well.  Lifting is something I have not been very consistent with in the last few years and hope some consistency will start to show gains. 

The nutrition experiment!
Last week I had the light bulb flashing moment.  Lets see what I can do to zone in on nutrition.  After twisting Ellen's arm and maybe in the end paying her with a bike she agreed to help.  This week I am going into the Bod Pod to measure body composition and doing a metabolic test.  After this we are going to start tweaking things so maybe I can get a little more out of my workouts and recover better.  It is exciting to think about getting so in-depth with nutrition.  You are what you eat, right? More to come on the experiment when we figure out how my body is functioning right now!

Random picture from the College of Design.  Must have been some pretty strong fertilizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment