Friday, February 17, 2012

Just a quick weekly check-in because I know you are all sooo  interested in what comes out of my fingers... well maybe not. 

I have been throwing around the idea of moving for a little while now.  An opportunity came up for a basement on the west side of Saylorville lake and I really want it.  After going and checking it out on Wednesday it occurred to me how awesome the opportunity could be.  It is super close to the lake, disc golf couse, camping and good riding.  What more could I want, right?  
The only problem is that the landlord is looking for someone to take it over right away.  This would mean I need to cover 2 rents for up to 5 months or hopefully get a summer or immediate sublease.  The listing has been posted in a few different places but wow, there are a LOT of scammers out there.  Be careful of who is contacting you on Craigslist.  It can be pretty shady.  

A few weeks ago I started running in Brooks PureFlow shoes.  For training my go-to shoe has alway been the Brooks Adrenaline (whichever model was the cheapest at the time) and always loved them.  When the PureFlow model came out it caught my attention and thought they would be worth a shot.  They have a much less "solid run shoe" feeling and allow your foot to land more naturally.  
A long time ago I tried on a pair of Nike Lunarglide's and did not like their very cushy feel.  These are more in the middle of the spectrum of "cushy to firm".  Needless to say they are extremely comfortable and light for a mid mileage trainer.  These are 2.6oz lighter than the Adrenaline's and the weight is very noticeable.  They are also $20 cheaper so a win-win!

Winter cleaning is underway!
2 weeks ago I had 5 bikes in my house.  That number has been reduced to 3 thanks to eBay.  Over the past few weeks I have sold my Jamis Pro and Jamis Team road bikes.  They had been sitting around not getting used so finally pulled the trigger and got them for sale.  The Pro sold in less than a day and the Team took a week and a half.  They are finally off to their new owners and I now need to save all the $$ so I can afford to live after graduation.  A few other random bike parts have been going on the Bay as I find them floating around.  

Only a few weeks before I start racing!!! It is coming up super quick and at the moment I do not feel ready.  A lot can change in a short amount of time though.  Bring on the 2012 season!

Random snapshots

Just a bit of snow on a Saturday morning, (These are 2 of my remaining bikes)

BodPod test.  8%.  Felt like I was about to shoot into outer space.

Hy-Vee knew I was coming and had the appropriate cart ready.

Marketing class poster.  A work in progress..

This chick had the worst poof ever.  She looked like Mini Mouse from the back.  Definitely picture worthy

No comments:

Post a Comment