Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whirlwind Move

How long would it take you to move?
I mean from the time you decide it will happen to the time everything is at the new location?

My record is 4.5 hrs.

I got a call last Tuesday at about 12:15 from a guy interested in sub-leasing my room.  I met up with him shortly after that and it was game on.

After going to class I rented a Uhaul and started throwing everything I had into it.  The new tenant helped me move out so it went a little quicker.  Lets just say this is probably the last time I will move like this.  Not a single box was used and nothing in the truck was tied down.  Probably not a smart idea but it worked!

The new location is on the west side of Saylorville Lake in Johnston.  It is super close to dirt trails, good riding and of course the lake.  Now I need to find a Kayak! For now I will have to commute to Ames every day for class but in two months after graduation it will work out great for riding to work.

The first project to be done was painting.  The room was a horrible dark blue. Who paints a room in the basement dark blue?  Seemed like a dungeon!  The paint job is officially complete with a much lighter cream color and light brown accent stripe along the ceiling.  Project number two will be installing a stove in the basement.  After that is in the whole setup will be complete.

Training has been going well also.  This is a rest week so just kind of going through the motions at the moment. I find that my body is a lot tighter and waking up is harder during these easy periods.  Anyone else get that?

SuperSeal is coming up really quick!  Only 2.5 weeks and I will be in sunny (hopefully) SanDiego.  Bring on the race gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment