Thursday, August 25, 2011

Evergreen and the rest of the summer

It has been a while (over a month) since Evergreen Lake triathlon.  Since then I have been super busy getting ready for school and working.  Classes started this week and dont have an insane amount on my plate, but enough to keep me going.  As of right now I am 15 credits away from graduating.  Unfortunately I need two studio classes that have to happen in different semesters.  This puts me at 6 credits+random classes to fill space.  Not too bad though.  I am taking some management and marketing classes which will hopefully be interesting.

Here is a short recap of Evergreen:
This was kind of an experimental race with tactics and nutrition.  I think some things went well and others not so much.  The race went down like this: Swam like garbage, rode my a$$ off and then bonked the run a little.  Overall I was 4th in a pretty strong field so I cant complain.

Moving on from there Liz and I threw around the idea of racing some before Buffalo ITU race in September but ultimately decided to get the work in and see what a solid training block could do for me.  It seemed like no real work had been put in for a while with being injured at the beginning of the year.  At this point I am starting in on my second build and feeling really good about the work I am doing.  There are definitely still weaknesses that need attention but you cant go into everything at 100%!


No comments:

Post a Comment