Monday, June 6, 2011

Race season!

Lots to catch up on! Ready...  Set...

Rome- Finished up the semester and said goodbye to friends :(

Germany- Went to Germany to visit my friend Florian for 10 days.  We had a blast and I got some more amazing bike riding in.  He lives in Aachen, which is right on the Belgian and Netherland boarder.  It was pretty cool to do a short ride and go into 3 different countries.  Cycling over there is amazing.  It seemed like EVERYONE there rode a bike or walked to where they were going.  Yes, there was still some traffic but the amount of bikers was stunning.  I would definitely like to live somewhere like that at some point.

Rome-  Went back to Rome for 1 night before flying back to the US.  On the flight back the Belgian security took the CO2 cartridge I had with me the whole 4 months in Europe.  For some reason they are the only country who does not allow them on planes.  Had a great night back in Rome and then left early for Fiumicino.  Getting checked in was absolute HELL.  It was a good thing we were about 4 hours early for the flight or I definitely would have missed it.  There was a layover in London where there was more bag fun.  They for some reason were not able to x-ray my smaller wheelbag on the Hen House bike case and had to personally search it.  Yes,  they opened the bag with my running shorts which were still wet from 2 days before.  That guys job has to suck.

From there I took a lot of tylenol PM and about 4 movies and a lot of sleep later I was in Minneapolis.  My parents picked me up from the airport and we had a good ride home.

--End of Trip-

Back to reality.

The next day it was time for work.  Went to the bike shop early in the morning and dove right into the work that had been piling up.  Lots of fun!!!  I really do like working at Kyle's bikes and selling stuff online.  Its awesome.

Up next-- Pigman race report!

No comments:

Post a Comment