Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Beginning of my last semester

I have recently started my last semester at ISU.  The 9th was officially my last "first day of class."  I am very excited about graduating and moving on with life.  I have been living in Ames for about 5.5 years and feel like I have had enough of it.  Its time to see something different.  Not quite there yet, however.

This semester is going to be a blast.  The 6 credit studio class I had last semester was a comprehensive architectural studio which was about as fun as it sounds.  This semester the studio is titled "Toys." Pretty awesome!  The final project of this studio will be to create a center piece for the spring exhibition at Reiman Gardens on the ISU campus.  It will be some sort of perpetual motion machine based on toys we explore for the next few weeks.  More to come as we make progress!


The two other classes I have are called Consumer Behavior and Strategic Marketing.  I have a pretty strong interest in marketing so thought these would be beneficial down the road.  There has not been too much progress in these classes either but hope they are interesting!

Training stuff:
After the mechanical mishap at Hy-Vee I finally got around to replacing the Sram R2C shifters with the Zipp replacements.  So far I have been on them for about a week.  They look quite obtrusive compared to what I had and the Shimano DA 10 speed shifters that have not changed... ever.  They may not look the greatest but they have an awesome feel in your hands.  They are very comfortable and I have no problem keeping my hands on the ends of the bars for a long time.  The other ones were just a little awkward.  As for shifting these are a little smoother than the Sram ones.  There is a lot less "snap" with each shift and more of a smooth glide between gears.  So far I am very happy with them.
Winter is HERE!!! Finally.  It was finally time to set up a proper indoor riding area.  Here is what I ended up with.  What do you think?  The trainer is out of the pic.. it was lonely during today's roller ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment