Friday, July 15, 2011

Copper Creek

A few weeks ago I participated in a local sprint tri called Copper Creek.  For being a small local race it has some pretty steep competition.  IM professional TJ Tollakson had won it two years in a row and other local  stud racers like Chris, Matt, Adam etc always show up.  I was pretty nervous going into it since the last time I raced TJ he blew me out of the water.

My strategy for this one was simple.  Dont let TJ get away on the bike.  He is one of the best in the business on the bike and could easily put 1+minutes on anyone in a super short race.   The strategy ended up working and I got off the bike about even with him and was able to put together a good run to take the win.

Up next is Lifetime in 2 weeks.  First time racing with a HUGE pro field so we will see how the nerves hold up.

Big thanks to Discounttrisupply.com, Multisport Mastery, Ruster Sports, Krueger Chiropractic and everyone else who is helping me out this year.  Couldn't do it without you!

Picture thanks to Adam Wilson
The Kyle's crew!

Slap hands

No comments:

Post a Comment