Sunday, March 13, 2011

Checking in

These last few weeks have been full of fun.  Italy is still growing on me and I am starting to figure out that I cannot eat as much pastry as I would like.  It does not work like that.  And let me tell you.. you can get pastry EVERYWHERE in Italy.

Here is what I have been up to:
Last week a group project was due which will be the basis for our next and final project here in Italy.  We were working in groups of 3 doing programming and proposing the site for the next project of a music school.  The winning group had a very open-ended and interesting program.  It will be fun to see what happens with this project.

The field trip to northern Italy was last week.  This included trips to Vicenza, Verona and Venezia.  We saw some Palladian villa's in Vicenza which were pretty cool.  I fell in love with Verona.  They clean the sidewalks every morning.  There is no grafiti.  There is space to run!  I got in almost 20 miles of running in Verona and think that those were come of the most beautiful miles I have put in.  Venezia was definitely an experience.  It reminded me of Capri with the small streets. It was cool to see it once but could never imagine living there or really spending more than one day there.

As soon as I got back to Rome I got in a swim, bike and raced to the train station heading for Napoli.  I will be spending spring break hanging out with Giacomo and his family here relaxing and training.  There will hopefully be a few rides to the Amalfi coast this week.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment