Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Family vacation to Amazingtown, Colorado



For most of this week I have had the privilege of being in wonderful Colorado. Since the only comparison I have is to Iowa, this might as well be a piece of heaven but in the form of mountains, sun and fun. I have been here before about a year ago and was in the same state of awe the whole time. Being able to look to the west and see the large mountainous protrusions instead of Farmer John's corn crop opens my eyes to a whole world of excitement. My family and I are staying in a cabin somewhere between 8000 and 8500 ft above sea level. Holy lack of oxygen Batman! The whole day monday was spent with a headache which most likely came from the altitude.

The picture is a view from the cabin. It is quite picturesque. I have not decided if the half mile of switch backs on gravel leading up to it is just hell or something that I can look back at and think, "If I could handle that a few times, anything the midwest can throw at me is nothing."

Thats it for now. Plenty of updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment